Saturday, November 24, 2012

Snub Pistol



Faithful followers of my blog may recognize this gun from a previous posting (Miscellanius Guns 2 seen here).  I recently decided to finish this gun.


Inititally it was made completely out of cardboard.


I added some blocks of insulation foam to a few parts of the pistol, sanded them smooth, and covered them in wood filler.


And then gave it a coat of primer.


Next, I started to add pieces of crafting foam to add to the look, and also smooth out the surface.



I also added a wire cap to the front - but didn't like how it looked and removed it.


Instead I just added more crafting foam.


And then I added some furniture tacks.



Next, I gave the pistol a coat of gray primer.


and then black primer.


Here we see the Snub pistol, Mal Reynolds pistol and The Samaritan pistol drying.


Next, I gave it a coat of silver paint.



Then I dusted the whole gun with black primer.


Once the primer dries I plan on sanding it to let the silver show through....
...at least that is what I planned to do, however the primer stuck to the paint a little too well.
So I wound up just applying silver paint and distressing the gun that way.


The silver paint I used wasn't drying very well, so I took it outside and sprayed some protective enamel on it.


Next I took some light blue acrylic paint and started painting parts of the pistol.


I also used some red paint.





And then took it back outside for the last coat of protective enamel.


And we're done!!





Several years ago I started it and then left it alone.  I'm glad I picked it up and finally finished it.  Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment