Saturday, November 24, 2012
Faithful followers of my blog may recognize this gun from a previous posting (Miscellanius Guns 2 seen here). I recently decided to finish this gun.
Inititally it was made completely out of cardboard.
I added some blocks of insulation foam to a few parts of the pistol, sanded them smooth, and covered them in wood filler.
And then gave it a coat of primer.
Next, I started to add pieces of crafting foam to add to the look, and also smooth out the surface.
I also added a wire cap to the front - but didn't like how it looked and removed it.
Instead I just added more crafting foam.
And then I added some furniture tacks.
Next, I gave the pistol a coat of gray primer.
and then black primer.
Here we see the Snub pistol, Mal Reynolds pistol and The Samaritan pistol drying.
Next, I gave it a coat of silver paint.
Then I dusted the whole gun with black primer.
Once the primer dries I plan on sanding it to let the silver show through....
...at least that is what I planned to do, however the primer stuck to the paint a little too well.
So I wound up just applying silver paint and distressing the gun that way.
The silver paint I used wasn't drying very well, so I took it outside and sprayed some protective enamel on it.
Next I took some light blue acrylic paint and started painting parts of the pistol.
I also used some red paint.
And then took it back outside for the last coat of protective enamel.
And we're done!!
Several years ago I started it and then left it alone. I'm glad I picked it up and finally finished it. Thanks for reading!!