Sunday, February 24, 2013

Futuristic Stun Gun



Here's another project in which I decided to use scrap material I had laying around.
I had a spare handle from a previous gun I was making and decided to add to it.


I decided I wanted to make a small, yet futuristic pistol.  So I took my handle and a scrap piece of EVA foam floor mat, and traced the basic shape I wanted for my gun.


I then cut out that shape, made a duplicate of that shape, and glued them together.


I then glued that shape to the preexisting handle.


Next I took thin crafting foam and covered the edges to hide the seams.


Then using more EVA foam, I traced the shape of the gun and built up the main section.


I also have a lot of the interlocking 'zipper' pieces from the EVA floor mat and I decided to incorporate it into this gun.



Then I used the textured side of the foam to create the handle grip.


Then I covered the remaining edges with thin crafting foam strips.


For the trigger, I cut a small square from the floor mat (textured side up), and wrapped it with a strip of thin crafting foam.


Then I glued it on.


Next I cut several small strips of thick crafting foam.


And I used them to create some 'teeth' on the sides.


I also used a long strip of thick crafting foam to create a barrel guard on the front of the gun.


...and some more thick crafting foam to add elements to the top, and a sight at the front.


The barrel/emitter on the front is made of more thick crafting foam.  I cut out a small rectangle to give the look of a barrel.


And after about 2 hours I have a decent looking pistol.


Actually, it reminds me more of a stun gun than a pistol.


Next I added some screws and furniture tacks to spruce up the look of it.





Below is an image of the stun gun with some other pistols I have made.


Next I gave it a coat of black acrylic paint.


and when the dried I gave it a second coat.


After a few coats and some touch ups, the pistol was a nice flat black.


Next I painted on some yellow stripes to give it a police stun gun look.


It took many coats of yellow to get it to look nice and rich.


Finally after about 10 coats of yellow it looked right.


Then I painted silver onto the furniture tacks.





Next I coated the whole gun with Mod Podge to seal and protect the gun.


Once one side was fully dried, I flipped it over and coated the other side.  Below the stun gun dries along side the Samaritan Version 2 after a coat of Mod Podge.


And once it dried I was done.






This was a fun little project and I'm glad it came out so well.
Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment