Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Projects in the works

So this winter is turning out to be quite a winter where I live.  Normally bad weather doesn't stop me from being creative, however it does slow it down.  Not being able to go to the store for materials and not being able to give final coats of clear enamel to projects which are 99.9% done are examples of how the weather can halt some of my projects.  So this posting is about some of my projects that I am currently working on, some of which are pretty much done - but just needing that .1%.

We will start with some of my weaponry.

Sci-Fi Disruptor Rifle & Pistol.
This is one of the projects that are 99% done, and I even have a live posting for it (seen here).
All it's needing is a final protective enamel spray.  This was a very fun project to work on and only took me about 2 days to do it.  The best part was that I followed no plans on this - I just made it on the fly, with no predetermined look.

Klingon Gun
This gun I actually made when I was quite young and I posted about it in my blog entry called Miscellaneous Gun 2 (seen here).  It really looks nothing like a Klingon Gun seen in the movies, but so what.  I recently decided to fix it up, paint it and add a few extra elements.  It's almost done, but still needs something.

M1 Garand Marshmallow Shooter
I started this project last year and initially it was made out of styrofoam.  Sadly it did not survive too well, but I started it again.  This time it's made out of dense insulation foam and is coming out very nicely so far.

The Hand Cannon
Here's another gun I made using scrap foam and a large paper towel tube.  I called it the Hand Cannon because it is quite large for a hand gun.

The Samaritan Version 2
I made a Samaritan several months ago (seen here) out of all sorts of material such as styrofoam, cardboard, crafting foam and plastic.  The final outcome was nice, but not as nice as I had wanted.  Recently I have enjoyed making things out of EVA foam, so I decided to tackle Hellboy's pistol once again.  This one is just about done.

Animatronic Right Hand of Doom
Here we Hellboy's right hand - made out of insulation foam.  This project is proving to be more difficult than I originally thought.  It's not easy (for me) to make good looking, thick fingers move.  I'm currently at my third set of fingers, as the first two eventually failed.  But I will eventually get it right.


Next, my helmets.

Daft Punk 'Guy' Helmet
I started making this helmet a very long time ago - when I was first introduced to pepakura.  I'm happy to say that I am fairly close to finishing it.  The biggest problem I had was making the very large visor for this helmet.  I eventually made 2 of these helmets, one being the mold so I can vacuum form the visor.  However, the visor needs to be tinted, and I have to wait for warmer weather to do that.

Mandelorian Helmet
This one isn't going to be a Boba Fett or Jango Fett helmet. It's going to be a generic Mandelorian helmet, maybe with a few twists. It's still early in the process so I have some time to figure out what I want to do with it.

Iron Ram!!
 While making my Iron Man Version 2 helmet (seen here), I toyed with the idea of giving it some ram horns. I eventually scrapped the horns for that project, but I recently wanted to make a new Iron Man helmet with horns on it.  This helmet and the horns were entirely made from EVA foam, and it's super lightweight.  

Snowtrooper
 This one is turning out to be a lot of fun to make.  It's maybe about 50% done, still needed a lot of sanding and shaping.  I had no pepakura file for this helmet, so I had to wing it, using other pep files for the dome, and making the rest on my own.

and last, but not least the
AT-AT Driver Helmet
 This helmet is about 90% complete and has taken me a few months to make.  It is not entirely screen accurate, but it's unmistakably the ATAT helmet.  This helmet's base is made of cardstock and plaster wrap, and I reintroduced myself to Fiberglass resin.  Unlike the TIE Pilot helmet, I did not vacuum form the face plate, as I wanted to use a pepakura file my friend Phil had made for me.  Despite it's inaccuracies and slightly darker coloring I love this helmet!

Hopefully Winter will pass soon and I can get around to finishing these projects.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment