Anyway, I sanded everything nicely and saw a few spots that needed touching up on the dome. So I used some watered down wood filler to fix those spots.
When it dried I sanded again....
First coat red.
Second coat Gray.
Below you can see the helmet and my sword of omens (entry coming soon) drying outside.
At this point you can no longer see the seam between the 2 halves of the helmet. There are still some imperfections in the helmet, but I decided to leave them as they will add some good looking wear and tear later on. So next I sprayed on some white spray paint.
When the paint dried it was time to start detailing. Using some black acrylic paint, I painted in the nose, mouth, brow and other areas.
Thanks for reading!