Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July from Timbo


Happy Birthday America!

It has been quite a while since I've posted a new entry here at Timbo's Creations.  The truth is I have been very busy lately and have not had all the time I would like to work on my various projects.

One thing that has been keeping me busy is learning to use my 3D Printer at work.


It's a great new toy, but in order to build things to 3D print, I have also been learning how to use 3D software.  Below is an image of a computer desk I created using SketchUp.


It's not the most elaborate computer desk, but I'm learning.

As far as my props go, I did learn something new.  During the winter months, I created a number of prop weapons.  Since the weather was too cold for using spray primer, spray paints and spray enamel I resorted to using acrylic paints and a sealant called Mod Podge.  Mod Podge did a good job, but I have discovered now that it is summer and my apartment gets hot, the mod podge sticks to things.  So all my weapons were sticking to surfaces, and as a result paint was being ripped off.  So on a nice, hot day I took those weapons outside and gave them several coats of clear enamel.


I also have a number of projects that have been in the works that I will share with you.  Hopefully I will complete them soon and have a nice write up for my dear readers.

The Bat'leth.


A Klingon weapon which Worf often uses, I created mine using insulation foam.
This thing is big!


Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Scythe.
This project has been taking me many months to complete and is primarily made out of insulation and EVA foams, PVC and cardboard.


The Clone Wars Clone helmet.
This cardboard Pepakura project is close to being completed.  


Magneto Helmet.
This pep helmet has taken me back to using Fiberglass & Resin and Bondo.  It's coming out nicely so far, but I still have a ways to go.


Neanderthal Stormtrooper Skull Helmet.
This could possibly be one of the longest projects I've worked on, but it is nearing completion.  This helmet is huge, thanks to the very large tusks! 



Shredder Helmet.
This helmet is 100% EVA foam and is super light weight.  I still have a ways to go, but it's coming out nicely so far.


So, I will try to get back to working on these and my other projects.  Have a great and safe holiday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesone job.
    What model are you using for the clone wars helmet?

    Best regards from Argentina...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello pola from Argentina. I found this model on the rpf.com. Its a great place to find pep files! If you can't find it let me know and I can send you the one I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Timbo, thanks for the reply, I am a member of therpf.com since 2010, it's a great site :).
    I would like to know from which URL you downloaded your pdo file, or if you can send me a copy of it.

    Thanks in advance...

    PS: here are some photos of my TCW helmet project: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4598177070136.2188094.1163531863&type=1&l=7c0ba91217

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pola,
    I saw your clone helmet and it looks great!
    I do not remember the URL where I downloaded the helmet, so I can just send it to you. Give me your email address and I'll be happy to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments, my project is freezed by now, I have to reapair a lot of holes and bumps. :(

    Yo can send me the pdo to ncpolasek-44@yahoo.com

    Thank you very much...

    ReplyDelete