Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Holidays from Timbo

Happy Holidays everyone!
This Christmas is a bittersweet one for me.  I am in the process of moving out of my apartment, but I have a lot of scrap material that is still good to use.  Most of it is wood.


I don't want to throw it all away, but I can't easily transport or store this material.  For Christmas my girlfriend got me an assortment of Irwin clamps.


So I decided to use my new tools and build something out of my leftover material.  I used my pocket hole jig with my clamps (notably, my 90 degree clamp), and I just screwed some pieces together.


I made a large box to hold my lightsabers, marshmallow shooting M1 Garand, and some other tall stuff.


I also made a smaller box to hold all my new and old clamps.


Now I can store my stuff, plus my excess wood!  I can also disassemble the wood later for a future project!

I am happy to report that I will have a place to stay soon.  I will be living with a friend for a while, who has a large house just waiting to be filled with helmets and furniture.  So I will be getting my hands dirty soon, and creating some great stuff for my friend.  Of course, those projects will be posted on my blog once completed.  Until then Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

2 comments:

  1. All the very best to you and yours for the coming year, Timbo! As I write this it's coming up to 7pm on New Year's Eve, with the sun streaming in through the windows! I gather from the TV news that you're not quite so warm at the moment...

    Warmest regards, Phil and Mary-Ellen

    BTW - the invitation to visit still stands, any time you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Phil! Happy New year to you and your family as well!!!

    ReplyDelete