Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Marshmallow Gun

A while ago I completed my M1 Garand Rifle (seen here) & Tommy Gun Marshmallow Gun (seen here).  For this project I will show you how to make a simple Marshmallow Gun for cheap.


The image above and below is a simple illustration of a basic Marshmallow gun.  This gun consists of:
A. 1-piece of plastic 3/4" PVC pipe,
B. 2-T-Connectors
C. 2-90-Degree elbows
D. 1-coupling (optional)
E. 2-end caps


...and of course you will need some mini marshmallows.


... but essentially to make one of these all you have to do is cut the PVC pipe to length and assemble.  There are no set lengths for how long each piece should be.  I tend to make the barrel the longest piece, with the 2 handles being the same length.  Play around with it, there's really no wrong way to do it.  The one thing you have to remember is that your piece should be air-tight with one hole for inserting marshmallows and blowing, and one hole for the marshmallow to exit from.  If you have other openings, it won't work. Once your PVC pipe has been cut for each piece all you have to do is fit it to the various pipe fittings.


I had so much PVC pieces floating around that I was able to make up one below.  The "magazine" is a long 45-degree pvc pipe (electrical, not plumbing).  I also had these painted a while back, so my gun is already black - with a blue mouth piece.


That is the simplest way to do it.  Throughout the years I have made so many Marshmallow guns - each different looking.  Some resembled Uzi's and Rifles while others were just plain weird.  Use your imagination and have fun!  PVC is very cheap, so don't be afraid to experiment.  At the time of this writing I am preparing to move across the country, and most of my tools and material have been packed.  To show the ease in making one of these guns, I have decided to make another.

To start I had my old marshmallow gun handy so I can make my new gun as close to size as possible.


Luckily I had a lot of leftover 3/4" PVC pipe.  You don't need too much.  3-4 feet should be enough, depending on the size and simplicity.


I also had the necessary joint fittings, except the coupling - which isn't necessary.


Next I used a saw to cut the pieces of PVC using my original gun as a template.


A few minutes later all the pieces were cut.


I used no glue for this project.  I simply attached each piece tightly.


The new and old gun side-to-side.


Next I used some leftover black spray paint to paint the gun.  This also isn't a necessary step, but it looks better when you paint them.


I even gave the old gun a fresh coat of paint.


With the little webbing spray I had left I painted one side of the guns to give it a slightly marbled look.



When one side of the gun was dry, I flipped them over and repeated the process.


Once both sides were dry I added a little polyurethane spray.


And I'm done!






There's really no limit what you can do to make a cool marshmallow gun.  Below are several images from the internet of some interesting designs.  Have fun, and be creative.








And of course, here are the M1 and Tommy Gun Marshmallow Guns I made.



Thanks for reading!


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawn! Yes, your guns are quite awesome, and thank you for letting me post them on my blog. Everyone be sure to check out Shawn's Marshmallow guns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see my handiwork (4th down.) It looks much better with some paint and a fake scope. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x221/shawnr5/IMAG0386.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours elevate the art to another level, with the addition of the styrofoam. Mine are all PVC. I would suggest that you try heat forming a mouthpiece. They are much easier to load and shoot. I use a heat gun to warm up the PVC until soft and then twist the hot pipe against the outside of a cheap funnel. Once I have the shape I want, I run it under cold water to set it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I would love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good technique to make a gun. Gun is looking beautiful. Making a gun is not an easy task, we need a good knowldge of it. You have done a good job.
    ____________
    MA firearms license.

    ReplyDelete