Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Guitar Stand

A few months ago I found a blog from a woman calling herself "superwoman" who made a really cool, simple guitar stand.


You can see her site by clicking here.


She found her template online.  This project looked like fun, so I thought I'd make one too!


To start, I printed out the template (which I redrew and slightly changed in Adobe Illustrator) and then printed it out.  I used my template on some 1/2" plywood I had waiting around.


I then cut out the shapes with my jigsaw.



Once both shapes were cut out I began sanding the 2 pieces smooth.



The wood was coming along nicely, but had a few holes and gaps from the plywood, so I used some wood filler to fill up those gaps.


When the filler dried, I sanded again and the cleaned the 2 pieces and applied some wood stain.


When the stain dried, I used some sand paper to give it that rustic look I love.


Next I used some small hooks and a chain I had...


...and attached them to the pieces of the stand.



I then attached a hinge on the top.


And my guitar stand is done!



This was a very simple little project, but it came out quite awesomely.


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment