With that done, next I went out and bought some wood. Primarily 1x4's, 1x2's...
After each application I sanded everything with a fine grit sanding sponge and then cleaned up the dust with a tack cloth.
But it looks great to us!
The right side holes the other goblet, 4 margarita glasses and a weird glass with an angled top. Underneath are 2 more no-stem glasses and 4 shot glasses.
The bottom right holds 4 wine glasses upside-down and 4 of my girlfriend's Guinness Glasses.
The other side holds 4 more wine glasses upside-down.
The 2 drawers neatle hold various things such as straws, bottle openers, a drink mix books, some 'bar' games and bottle stops.
Behind the bottom left door holds our liquor.
(I know, we are a little low on drinks at the moment)
On the right side we used a wine rack on the bottom to hold some wine. On the top shelf we simply stored some empty bottles and jars, plus a beer-bottle carrying case.
And I poured all our bottle caps into the holder of the opener.
I did actually have to revise the bottle opener so that there was enough clearance for a tall bottle to use it. I simply did this but cutting out a small dip from the front, and re-routing, staining, etc.
I don't know how, but I managed to get this done before the 4th of July. There are a few areas to fix up, plus it will probably need a few new coats of polyurethane at some point, but it's intact and looks great!
Happy 4th of July!