Then I let the stain dry for a few hours.
This thing looks great!
Even with the few scrapes and imperfections this is still a great looking dresser.
And I was able to completely get rid of that large stain on the top!
Even with the clear coat dry, it smells strongly of clear coat. So I let the whole thing air out in my workshop for a day.
The next day I moved the dresser into my office. I offered it to my fiancee, but we both agreed that it would not match any of the other furniture in our bedroom (style-wise).
Where the dresser now is used to be a bookshelf with a lot of my stuff on it, so it took all day to move the bookshelf into the spare bedroom and reorganize both rooms a little. But it was all worth it.
The side drawers are the perfect size for organizing files - which works out great since I wanted to either buy a file cabinet or make one in the very near future.
I still have a lot of reorganizing to do, but for the time being I'm storing my tapes and glues on the top drawer...
...one the other side I have my air brush and compressor on the bottom...
...and at the moment just some of my 3D printing supplies on the top.
In the middle drawers I keep spare cardboard, foam and construction paper on the bottom...
...my stamp sets and airsoft BB's in the middle...
...and on the top I have a lot of various tools including pliers, screw drivers, rulers and knives.
I love this dresser!
Below is a before and after.
All the photos above can't really picture just how much work this was for me. I found this dresser on Monday night and finished it Friday night, and moved it into the house Saturday. Including the lifting, moving, waiting (for things to dry) and organizing, this dresser took 5 days to complete.