Now that the bin is there I had no room for my sled. So I decided to simply mount it on the side of the table. This is actually the best thing I did, because I use the sled so frequently. Now it's easy to grab when needed and store on the side when not needed.
Simply pull out the drawer and empty when needed!
Weirdly, I then took a look at the other handle on the side which changes the angle of the blade. They don't match.
That's because this handle is actually an old car window handle. So, I found the proper handle on ebay and ordered it. When it arrived (another 7 or so days later) I attached it.
And I hung a little hook off of the rear fence guide. This hook simply holds the power cord while I'm moving it around. This keeps it from getting underneath the casters.
This was simply a piece of thin MDF cut to match the space. I used some thin metal brackets to hold it in place, mimicking the ones on the original insert plate. I painted the insert plate with gray primer to make it look nicer.
Then I decided to make a second insert blade for my dado blades.
This was also painted with gray primer.
And it works wonderfully.
Having fun with my primer, I decided to paint the middle shelves.
The gray looks a bit better than the bare MDF did.
And lastly I decided to paint the insides of the extensions with the same gray primer.
In old images of this very saw table, the insides of the extensions are painted black. I decided to use the gray since it already matched the plates, circle and middle shelves.