So I decided to start filling the drawers. I had originally placed all the drill bits I used on the drill press in my other dresser tool cart, so I decided to move them in the drawer underneath the drill press.
A few days later the new dresser was being put to work. I hadn't gotten around to sanding the surfaces yet, but I did work on a new Drill Press platform I've been meaning to do for some time.
I put my tools back on and put it to work once more.
I still need to fill all the holes and stain it.
For now it will do nicely.
A couple of weeks later my wife and I were going to have a garage sale. So I figured now would be a good time to finish up the dresser in case we can get some money for it. So I filled in all the holes, sanded the whole thing and added Mahogany stain.
It turned out pretty nice.
Then I added polyurethane the following day.
I was able to get all this done a few days before the garage sale, which is good since it won't stink like stain and polyurethane do when fresh.
And here's the last picture of it. I was able to sell it for $80 - which is good since I spent zero dollars to fix it all up.
I also wound up selling a lot of other stuff from my house and workshop, so new tools and carts and furniture will be coming on the horizon!